Thursday, December 15, 2011

I know I have MS when ...

I am thankful to God and cherish every moment my body feels good.

Leaning that little way extra triggers a bigger dose of dizziness.

I wonder why it's so light outside at 4:00. Until almost 10 minutes later I realize that I was waking up from a nap at 4:00 in the afternoon.

I am so cold that I wear gloves almost all of the time. And although I had two gloves on when I went to bed, I woke up this morning wearing only one... and I can't find the other one anywhere!

A day starts by dropping one of my many pills on the floor. A worse day starts when I knock over the entire cup of pills.

I cannot get the hooks lined up correctly on the back of my bra. So I give up because no one will see me today anyway and leave it crooked. But then I order a couple of new front hook bras anyway.

I have to bend over to pass the collection basket at church and it upsets my vertigo so badly I'm still in that position after that person passes it on.

I am now saying "Is that what I said? Sorry, that's not what I meant to say."

I've learned that some idiots would rather jump in front of my scooter and risk getting hit rather than waiting 2 seconds for me to pass by.

I've learned that Some people need brake lights while walking.

On hot humid days my body feels the heat index INSIDE my air conditioned house.

I put on the dog's walking leash. Then let her go outside in the back yard by herself.

I'm having so much trouble getting up. Only to realize after several tries that I haven't put the footrest on the recliner I've slept in down all of the way.

I wake up with a hangover. But haven't had the fun of drinking the night before.

My to-do list in my head is gone. I now know for the first time in my life what "Out of sight, out of mind" really means.

There is a whole range of tones that I can barely hear at all and my right ear rings all of the time. And yet, there is an intermittent clicking sound somewhere in my kitchen that I can't find and is driving me nuts.

I can't sleep all night but I can't stay awake at all during the day.

My 8 hour Tylenol seems to have stopped working after only 5 hours.

My eye is already twitching by 11 AM.

I've found the cure for menopause hot flashes. Now I wear gloves and long underwear even in the house during the winter.

I look all over for the socks that I know I took out of the drawer. Only to realize at least a minute later that they are already on my feet.

The missing socks are a perfect example of my mis-remembering things. I'm not sure which is worse. Forgetting to do something or believing you've already done it.

No comments:

Post a Comment